First of all thanks for your interest in contributing to the SEO institute! We’re always looking for fresh, engaging content for our blog. If you think that you can help our audience with actionable SEO advice we would love to have you write for us.
But before we start we do have a few ground rules so it’s probably is easier to start with what we aren’t looking for:
- Reviews (if you have a product you would like us to review get in contact with us here as all reviews are carried out by our team to try ensure no baises)
- Affiliate products
- Generic articles
- Blatant self promotion
This isn’t us being assholes it’s because we want the entire institute to be full of actionable SEO advice.
So I guess you’re wondering what kind of content are we looking for? Well here are some categories that we cover:
- Case studies
- Technical analysis of on/off page SEO
- Algorithm changes
- Client acquisition
- Link Building
- Tool techniques
- Conversion rate optimization
Essentially all things SEO, if you have an idea of topic that might not fit into any of these categories still get in touch as long as your idea will provide value and be engaging we would love to share it.
Some general guidelines we follow:
- 1,500 words minimum (there are some situations where we will go lower)
- Original content, written by you and not published anywhere else
- We have no problem with linking back to your page but this isn’t an opportunity to just litter your article with backlinks
- No affiliate links
- The article must be well written, we don’t mind doing some editing especially if English isn’t your first language but it must be up to a reasonable standard
- Different formats are fine, if you think that your point can be best conveyed by a video or an infographic for example that is fine with us
How to submit a guest posts?
Typically this is a collaborative effort between myself and you so I would start by reaching out to me via email with the subject line containing ‘guest post’. We don’t want you to spend your valuable time writing something that isn’t appropriate for our site and be disappointed if it is rejected.
The process usually goes like this:
- You email us with at least one idea of a guest post you would like to write
- If it is viable we agree on a title and you write the article
- We review the article and begin the editing process
- Once we have edited your article to add some of our own flair to it, it will be scheduled to be posted (usually within the month)
What’s in it for you?
I realize we ask a lot of our writers but this is because we truly want to provide the best content for our audience. Our blog is hopefully going to become an authority of its own attracting a large amount of readers, so this will give you the opportunity to expose yourself and what you bring to the table.
If you have any further questions feel free to contact me .